Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Strawberry Jam


Ugh. It's hot. Really hot. I'm the kind of girl that dreams of days where the temperature is in the seventies, but this last week has been nearly unbearable in the upper 90's. I saw on the news that we had a record high of 98 degrees (yep, just like the boy band) this past Saturday. With weather this warm, I try to stay out of the heat as much as possible and cooped up inside keeping myself busy.

So, I made strawberry jam with some fresh berries my mom picked for me a few days earlier to help use up the last of the berries before they spoiled. The freezer jam was oh so simple and only required eight cups of strawberries, a bit of lemon juice, sugar to taste, and pectin to help it all gel together. It tastes amazingly delicious on a fresh piece of crusty french bread, too.

The jam will keep up to three months in the frig or a year in the freezer, but, let's be honest, I don't need anywhere near that much time to make this jam disappear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment