Monday, July 4, 2011

Cakes, cakes, and oh yeah, more cakes

This weekend was especially busy for me. About a month ago, I agreed to make my niece's birthday cake as she just turned one a few days ago. (Happy Birthday, Hayleigh!) After I posted some pictures of cookies I had made recently, a friend from back home on my fb asked if I would like to make her daughter, Meika's cake for her second birthday. I happily agreed to this as well. And, after speaking to someone I work for about cookies I had made with some of the neighbor kids across the street, she asked if I would be up to making her two kid's graduation cakes. Obviously, I didn't turn her down either. All in all, I agreed to make two half sheet graduation cakes, two smash cakes, a cake to feed party goers and a batch of cupcakes...all to be made and delivered this past Friday and Saturday.

the 100+ degree weather began to take a toll on the cake after about an hour




I stayed up way too late, put in much more time than I thought I would, and my entire body ached when I was finally done baking and decorating all the cakes. But, to be perfectly honest, I am overcome with happiness to be able to help them celebrate their special days. I am looking forward to my next event, a bridal shower at the end of the month and have already started my cake and cookie sketches (which, I hope to share with you soon). Until then, I would like to share the few pictures I have from the birthday parties this past weekend. I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment