Sunday, September 4, 2011

More Picnic Fun



In addition to the Peanuts gang cupcakes I whipped up for the church picnic, I also made a few dozen Seseme Street themed cupcakes and about twenty cookies. I really didn't have time that weekend to put together a whole smorgasbord of goodies so I limited the cookies to two themes: more Snoopy (can't get enough of that lil guy!) and some St. Louis Cardinals themed cookies. I live in Southern Illinois and it's the only respectable major league baseball team to root for around here ; )


Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to snap a few pics of the other cupcakes (that included cookie monster, oscar the grouch, and the count!) but I'm sure you can use your imagination!



I hate shelling out the money for tons of new cookie cutters (especially the ones I will only use a few times each) so I make it a point to google a few good pictures of the design I want to use for the cookies and then save and print them out onto card stock. From there, I just cut out the images and lay them over my rolled out cookie dough. Using a clean x-acto knive I carefully cut around the cardstock design and then remove the cardstock from the cookie dough. I make sure to keep the cardstock cutout nearby when I'm decorating the cookies though, so I can better free-hand the designs onto the baked and cooled cookies.


Birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment