Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Nightmare Before Christmas

When I was a kid, I remember seeing commercials for a new movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. Now, I'm not sure why, but I had made up my mind long before I actually saw it that it was going to be a.w.e.s.o.m.e. I literally counted down the days until it premiered on tv with excitement and made sure I had the tv reserved for that night. Yes, I said tv, as in one tv. Look, I'm a baby of the 80's so one tv was normal back then, I promise you. When it finally aired, I was so disappointed and a little horrified. I guess it was a little over my head and I never watch it again. But, someone who did enjoy it growing up is my good friend Stephanie. She loved it and watched it all the time. So, when she put out the word she was wanting a Jack Skellington snuggie for Christmas last year I took a mental note and made sure that when her birthday came around, I would make her a Jack Skellignton cake, because who could possibly want the snuggie but not the cake?!

We met up at The Loading Dock Bar and Grill in Grafton, Illinois and prayed that the rain would hold off. Luckily, it did and we were able to take in the spectacular views of the water, fireworks!, and a bonefire across the river. Not to mention, we managed to get the best seat in the house. Nothing but the best for Steph! After our dinner and many, many celebratory drinks, we sliced up this bad boy and managed to stuff ourselves silly with a slice of both chocolate and vanilla cake. Happiness ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment