Sunday, September 4, 2011

Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and the whole Peanuts gang



My church throws an annual church picnic the first Sunday of August. Lots of locals are kind enough to donate food, beverages, crafts, and their time. Up until this year, I've only donated my time and by donate my time, I mean work the dime toss. The dime toss is usually good fun as it's in a shaded area with a fan blowing nearby and gives us a chance to interact with the church youth and youngsters. This year brought two big changes however....my beloved dime toss was shut down and replaced with a football toss game that I got the chance to work at and I donated some bakery goods too. 

I wanted to make some goodies that the young and young at heart would appreciate so I whipped up a few dozen batches of cupcakes and after filling and frosting them I applied fondant cutouts I had made the day before. I picked up a set of four edible ink pens that worked really well for drawing on facial features to the fondant cutouts. For anyone new to them, I would suggest letting the fondant dry for at least a few hours if not an entire day before drawing on it though. 


Here's one batch of the Peanut's themed cupcakes I sent to the "country kitchen" that the church sells freshly baked goods from on the morning of the church picnic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment